Aviation's technology experts gather for four days of training, networking and professional development
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, March 28, 2022 -- More than 1,300 avionics manufacturers, repair stations, approved maintenance organizations and other general aviation professionals have converged at the 65th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show, which opened today at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. The four-day event takes place March 28-31, and it is the largest gathering of avionics manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations in the world.
The event's primary focus is providing avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations.
Aviation's technology experts will experience the following highlights during the week:
- 29 companies will participate in the AEA New Product Introductions session, March 28.
- Nearly 100 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development courses will be available to attendees.
- More than 120 companies will fill the exhibit hall with the latest avionics technologies and services, March 29-30.
- The latest regulatory updates impacting aviation businesses at more than 250 shops from 12 different countries.
- AEA Member of the Year Awards will be presented during the opening session, March 28.
- Free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams will be available to convention attendees, courtesy of the AEA Educational Foundation and its partnership with ASTM International. Attendees may test their knowledge in achieving the highly regarded AET certification, which is recognized by the FAA as equivalent to formal training when showing eligibility for the issuance of a repairman certificate.
- All OEM sessions are approved for credit toward the AEA's Avionics Training Excellence Award, as well as accepted for FAA IA renewal and the AMT Awards Program.
OFFICIAL OPENING AND NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS LIVESTREAMING
One of the most popular sessions each year is the AEA New Product Introductions during the opening session, sponsored by Gogo Business Aviation. This must-see event takes place Monday, March 28, and it continues to draw the attention of the entire general aviation community.
The Aero-News Network will begin its livestreaming coverage from New Orleans Monday, March 28, at 8:45 a.m. CDT. ANN's livestreaming coverage continues from the AEA Exhibit Hall Tuesday, March 29, from 1 to 4 p.m. CDT, and again Wednesday, March 30, from noon to 3 p.m. CDT. Click here to watch.
– 30 –
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association represents nearly 1,300 member companies in more than 40 countries, including approved maintenance organizations specializing in maintenance, repair and installation of aircraft electronics systems in general aviation aircraft. The AEA membership also includes manufacturers of aircraft electronics equipment, instrument repair facilities, instrument manufacturers, airframe manufacturers, test equipment manufacturers, major distributors, engineers and educational institutions.