Avionics Technician in Tulsa Oklahoma
Reports to: Avionics Install Crew Chief
- Installation of avionics systems and equipment per Repair Station practices and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incoming avionics inspection/evaluation.
- Interior protection.
- Removal and Installation of avionics equipment.
- Operational checks of avionics equipment.
- Removal and installation of aircraft wiring per installation drawings and FAA Regulations.
- Proper termination of installed wiring per Repair Station practices and procedures.
- Ring out of wiring for installed avionics equipment per installation drawings to insure correct termination.
- Insure that applicable Manufacturer’s manuals are up to date.
- Insure that calibration is up to date on all applicable tools and test equipment before use.
- Proper use of tools and test equipment.
- Cleanliness of work area, to include the aircraft.
- All paperwork completed per Repair Station practices and procedures.
- Insure that all Repair Station practices and FAA Regulations are followed.
- Insure that work is completed in a timely manner.
- Insure that all paper work is completed per Repair Station practices and procedures.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Possession of proper hand tools.
- Proficient knowledge and use of aviation hand tools pertaining to avionics.
- Proficient knowledge and use of avionics test equipment.
- Ability to interpret Wiring diagrams, Installation drawings and Equipment Location drawings.
- Proficient knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of the use of Avionics Equipment Manuals.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma.
Electronics training: Technical School or equivalent military training.
5 years of aircraft experience.
Trainees: less than 5 years experience accepted on Manager evaluation and approval.
In-hangar and Out-of-hangar working inside and outside the aircraft and in the Avionics shop. Hangar is heated and non-air conditioned. Various out-of-hangar weather conditions. Avionics shop is heated and air- conditioned.
Physical: Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, sitting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, communication, hearing, balancing, repetitive use of hands. Noise from aircraft and tool use.
Work around machinery with moving parts.
Work in confined and open spaces.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org