Aviation Faculty (Job ID 314897)
School: Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Job Location: Chandler/Mesa, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Hiring Salary Range: $45,898 - $88,272/annually, DOE
Work Calendar: 9 Months
How to Apply:
To review the entire job announcement and How to Apply, please go to https://jobs.maricopa.edu and search with 314897. Please create an account and apply for the Job ID 314897.
This position begins Fall 2021.
Location: Williams Campus
Instructs, supervises, advises, and evaluates students with diverse backgrounds in aircraft maintenance, construction, and systems in classroom and/or lab settings; works with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Supervises and instructs a diverse population of students in a classroom and/or lab setting; develop written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students’ scholastic records; prepares and grades exams
- Develop and enhance knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in the field through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, workshops, and helps maintain relationships with industry partners
- Maintains office hours to assist and advise students
- Participate in College Gen Ed Outcome Assessments for AMT discipline and Dual Enrollment supervision
- Participate in District wide and campus committees, including service to the community; recruitment, event planning and implementation; and the college advisory council
The Occupational Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
- A master's degree in the teaching field of Aviation Maintenance Technology, or a master's in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field of Aviation Maintenance Technology, or
- A bachelor's degree plus three (3) years full-time equivalent work experience in the Aviation Maintenance Technology field to be taught, or an associate's degree or 64 semester hours and five (5) years full-time equivalent work experience in the Aviation Maintenance Technology field to be taught, or five (5) years full-time equivalent work experience in the Aviation Maintenance Technology field to be taught
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
- Possession of a valid Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Five (5) or more years of aviation industrial work experience in general aviation and/or military, air carrier, rotor wing, manufacturing, corporate aviation
- Three (3) or more years of teaching experience in aviation maintenance technology
- Possession of FAA Inspection Authorized (IA) or air carrier Required Inspection Item (RII) certification
- Experience in the use of information technology, such as Blackboard, Canvas, and/or other learning management systems
- Two (2) or more years of experience with heavy and general aircraft
- Possession of FAA Pilot’s License
Special Working Conditions:
- Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
- May be required to work evenings and weekends; May be required to lift or carry up to 25lbs; May be exposed to hazardous chemicals; May be required to work at multiple sites or locations; Work outdoors in a variety of temperatures and environmental conditions; Will be required to work in an area of light to heavy noise levels daily; Will be required to stand or walk for several hours a day; Climbing stairs and/or ladders to reach assigned areas along with working at heights
Posting Close Date:
Please apply on or before April 7, 2021 to ensure consideration within the first review. Additional reviews, if necessary, will be held bi-weekly.
Application deadline: Please apply on or before April 22, 2021 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.