AVIONICS BENCH WIRING TECHNICIAN
Established in 1982, Skycom Avionics, Inc. is a premier avionics shop located in southeastern Wisconsin.
We are a leader in avionics installations, sales, and services and the latest avionics technology including a state-of-the-art facility.
We are seeking a Bench Wiring Technician with finesse, artistry, and accuracy to join our team! Fabricate cable assemblies and wiring harnesses to meet exact manufacturer specifications while paying close attention to aesthetics.
- 1-3 years related experience preferred
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language
- Ability to read and understand technical installation and maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, drawings, schematics, etc.
- Ability to measure accurately using a ruler or tape measure
- Demonstrate proper use of basic hand tools: heat gun, hand crimpers, screwdriver, solder pot, ruler and other machines such as pinning machines and automatic wire strippers
- Ability to identify colors and utilize good hand/eye coordination
- Must have basic computer knowledge/skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Fabricate cable assemblies and wiring harnesses using manufacturer instructions while ensuring high company standards are met
- Apply heat shrink to completed assemblies
- Complete all paperwork, checklists, forms, and reports as required in accordance with company procedures and all other applicable regulations and guidelines
- Work and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision and exhibit good problem-solving skills
- Responsible for clean-up and bench organization
- Work with assist coworkers to complete assignments when necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching required
- Occasional work in small spaces, inclement weather/temperatures, and noisy environments may be
Wage and Benefits:
- 1st Shift hours between 8:00am-4:30pm
- Competitive wages and benefit package
- Wages commensurate with experience
- 90 day probationary period