Lead Avionics Engineer
Lead Avionic Engineer
This role is responsible for the primary avionics systems design and integration focal point for assigned development programs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement:
- Responsible for managing workflow and quality within the Avionics Engineering team.
- Leads, mentors and evaluates individuals assigned to the Engineering Team to include FTEs, Contractors and Interns.
- Assesses the feasibility of potential systems integration projects, determines the resources required to complete them.
- Technical project manager for subsystem development activities and system integration projects.
- Direct, review, and approve company-wide Aviation Avionic system designs and changes.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Coordinate with production in making detailed design plans to accomplish systems integration goals.
- Develop technical data in support of system designs.
- Consult with internal and external customers to prepare project specifications and quotes.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to internal and external customers.
- Contributes directly to department strategy when considering immediate and long term goals.
- Coordinate with FAA representatives to ensure FAA compliance of engineering data.
- Oversee Document, Drawing, and Aircraft Configuration Management System
- Conduct supplier audits.
- Author technical manuals, proposals and training material.
- Must be able to obtain Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) and Parts Manufacturing Authority (PMA).
- Must be able to provide project management & leadership within the Avionics team for simultaneous multiple aircraft integration efforts.
- Must be result and solution oriented; creating solutions and problem solving to ensure schedule and cost is maintained.
- Flexibility requirement; must be able to support multiple unrelated technical tasks and be willing to take on new roles as they are identified.
- Must understand and be familiar with FAA documentations and processes required to obtain aircraft modification approvals (337, STC, PMA, etc.)
- Must be able to accurately portray equipment requirements and solutions to various vendors and their engineering staff.
- Familiar with regulating authorities and associated documentation as well as safety aspects.
- Familiar with aerospace data bus communication protocols.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Experience: 5+ years of cumulative experience in engineering, subsystem architecture, system modeling, working knowledge of reuse capabilities; and project management. Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suites; AutoCAD/SolidWorks; advanced knowledge of aircraft systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance. Must have good command of the English language; oral and written.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employee must be a US citizen. Employee must be able to hold and maintain a Secret (or higher) Clearance Level.