Georgian Aerospace is an engineering company specializing in aerospace design, repairs, and modifications (www.georgianaerospace.com). We work in the world of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 23/25 aircraft and 27/29 helicopters for the application of aftermarket repairs, development of Supplemental Type Certificates (STC), Parts Manufacturing Authority (PMA) parts, and special mission aircraft modifications in standard, restricted and experimental categories. Many of these modifications require integrated Avionics and Electrical system design.
Responsible for electrical engineering support of avionics and electrical system components and integration for aircraft modifications. Work closely with our customers, equipment manufacturers, as well as other design team engineers, FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DER), FAA Designated Airworthiness Representatives (DAR), and flight crews to ensure a viable and safe design.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Integration of avionics and electrical systems and equipment.
- System level design, detail electrical design, and installation design.
- Research and identify potential solutions to meet design objectives.
- Working with engineers and technicians in design and troubleshooting on both bench and aircraft.
- Coordinating with customer’s engineers, Georgian’s engineers, DER’s, and the FAA as required.
- Generating engineering documentation in accordance with company procedures and policies to meet
project requirements and objectives including but not limited to engineering reports, wire harness
diagrams, electrical wire routing, electrical schematic design, electrical loads analysis, test plans, and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The below requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Criteria, Education, and/or Experience:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical//Avionics Engineering (or equivalent) or a suitable amount of Military/Commercial education, certifications, and experience.
- 5-10 years experience with aviation electrical, or avionics development and/or integration.
- Prior experience or working understanding with aircraft electrical systems and/or integrated avionics systems.
Visit our website at www.georgianaerospace.com/careers for more details