Electronic Bench Technician
Electronic Bench Technician
Troubleshoot, calibrate, overhaul and repair down to the component level a variety of avionics system components. Strong troubleshooting and assembling/soldering skills required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Excellent surface mount soldering skills and familiar with the removal / application of conformal coating.
- Experience in troubleshooting, circuit analysis, repair of logic chips and control circuits.
- Perform assembling of parts as necessary for inventory and special projects.
- Ensure the quality of work performed meets the manufacturer’s or industry’s specifications. Properly handling all parts while in the repair process through the Avionics Shop until work is completed. Preserving all units or parts during process through the Avionics Shop until work is completed. Ensure that the Avionics Shop is kept clean and orderly. Ensure all Avionics Shop equipment and tools are in a serviceable working condition. Ensure the maintenance data being used is of the latest revision level. Perform Preliminary and Hidden damage inspections on equipment. Perform the Final Minimum Performance test in the Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manuals.
- Maintain usage tracking of all inventory repair parts & log time spent on repairs.
- Log all issues found and corrective actions taken in database.
- Adhere to company MSDS program and proper handling of chemicals.
- Assist production department with troubleshooting customer machine builds.
- Work with inventory department to maintain an adequate level of parts stock.
- Receive guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determine methods, work sequence, scheduling, and how to achieve objectives of assignments; operate within specific policy guidelines.
- All employees are subject to random drug and alcohol tests. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT and FAA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in working in an FAA / EASA Certificated Repair Station Operation preferred.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including e-mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in working knowledge of electronic theory; proficient in working w/oscilloscope & multi-meter; Lab microscope, able to read and interpret schematics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with flammable, toxic, or caustic chemicals and high temperature hand tools.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous activities of an administrative nature.
- Needs to be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Health, Dental 100% paid. Vacation, sick leave, holiday pay. Retirement plan.