- Primary Responsibilities
- Properly performing all work assigned to you in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and correctly recording all work performed and assuming responsibility for that work.
- Ensuring all required paperwork entries are completed in a neat and legible fashion.
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Checking all test equipment and calibrated tools to ensure they are not expired prior to using. If tools are damaged or broken during use, you will tag them as unserviceable and return them to the Chief Inspector.
- Possessing sufficient hand tools to efficiently perform duties as a maintenance technician.
- Notifying the Director of Maintenance of any discrepancies or un-airworthy conditions found during the performance of work assigned.
- Notifying the Accountable Manager immediately about any conditions that would create a problem relating to parts, materials, airworthiness, or workmanship.
- Advising your Supervisor if any dispute arises with an Inspector.
- Attending continuing education and training courses from time to time as required by the Company to maintain your proficiency and enhance your knowledge and productivity
- Receiving all incoming parts and materials into the Company from the stockroom personnel, ensuring they pass receiving inspection.
- Performing inspections of work in process in accordance with the customer-supplied work package and manufacturers' procedures.
- Accomplishing “Require Inspection Items” (RII) as authorized and stipulated by the customer.
- Advising the Chief Inspector and Director of Maintenance of any major findings during the inspection.
- Assisting the Director of Maintenance by inspecting for quality of workmanship in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and applicability.
- Being proficient in the use of various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for an article being inspected.
- Auditing paperwork for completeness, paying particular attention to; corrective action, maintenance sign-off (Form PA029), manual references, part and serial numbers off/on, and material.
- Ensuring all removed parts are correctly tagged and identified during the work process.
- Reading and understanding all manuals associated with our FAA Repair Station Requirements.
- Performing any preliminary and progressive inspections pertaining to the articles within their area and recording any discrepancies as such.
- Providing a hidden damage entry on the work order when it is apparent that an article has sustained damage due to an accident.
- Overseeing test equipment within their areas to assure that all equipment is current and identified accordingly.
- Providing technical assistance with regard to researching part numbers and supersedures for customer’s requirements.
- Promoting the goodwill of the Company and Cessna Aircraft Company.
- Assisting with completing paperwork for warranty administration on labor or parts covered by manufacturer’s warranties.
- Accurately logging your work-time to enable tracking of efficiency and billing of Customers’ work.
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing other tasks as needed.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as the Company may establish from time to time.
Your work hours shall be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with an hour off for lunch.
You may be required to travel on behalf of the Company from time to time. The Company will pay for your reasonable travel expenses while you are traveling on Company business. The employee will receive an additional $100 per night away from home.
You will be required to undergo drug screening at the time of your initial employment and on a random basis at the Company’s discretion. In the event you ever test “positive” for any type of controlled substance, the Company will terminate your employment immediately.
The company offers health, dental, vision, short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), and life insurance benefits. The employer pays for 80% of the employee's health insurance and 100% of employee coverage for dental, vision, STD, & LTD. The company also provides a $25,000 life insurance policy paid by the employer.
Employees are allotted 6 sick days per year which are accrued at a half-day per month. Vacation is accrued upon completion of the first year and the vacation allotment schedule is as follows: after 1 year - 10 business days, after 5 years - 15 business days, & after 10 years - 20 business days. In addition to this, the company observes the following paid holidays per year, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Year's Day.
The company also participates in a SEP (Simplified Employee Pension Plan) retirement plan. You become eligible for SEP after three years of working with the company.
Our offices are open from Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.