Avionics Repair Technician
Position Reports to: Avionics Repair Manager
Location: Epps Aviation, Atlanta, GA - PDK Airport
Primary Job Functions:
- This position is responsible for effectively troubleshooting, repairing, and servicing avionics and electrical systems on corporate and privately owned general aviation aircraft without constant direct supervision.
- Complete all checklists, forms, and reports as required in accordance with the company, government, and FAA regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility's manuals.
- Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
Experience and Competencies:
- Experience with General Aviation/Corporate aircraft.
- Experience with the following systems: pitot/static, EFIS, FMS, GPS, communication, and navigation.
- Autopilot knowledge would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have their own tools.
- Has a willingness to learn.
- A&P License a plus.
- Previous Repairman Certificate a plus.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License a plus.
- Understanding of aircraft component repair.
- Knowledge of avionics test equipment.
- Must have the ability to sit, walk, climb, and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work in small spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, and noise of an airport.
- Most maintenance is performed in a hangar but there will be times when the work needed will be performed on the ramp.
Standard work day is Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Overtime and travel occurs occasionally.
Initial salary based upon experience and demonstrated knowledge level. Great family-owned business offering health insurance coverage, company match on a 401(k). Epps Aviation is located on DeKalb-Peachtree Airport just north of Atlanta, GA. Positions immediately available.
Job Type: Full-time
EEO/Drug Free Workplace
Email resume to Dan Lane: email@example.com