To qualify for AEA Convention Press Registration, the registrant must represent the mass media with a focus on delivering aviation-related news to the general public or a target audience. Press registration is permitted in the following categories:
- Print media – newspapers, news magazines.
- Broadcast news – radio and television.
- Internet – online newspapers, news blogs, podcasts, etc.
Please note the following eligibility criteria for press registration:
- Press registration is not available to advertising sales representatives or any marketing, public relations and management personnel from any organization, business, agency or association. Individuals serving in these capacities for exhibiting companies must register through exhibitor registration. Individuals serving in these capacities for organizations not exhibiting must register through attendee registration.
- Freelance journalists/photographers are not issued press credentials unless they are on a specific assignment from a recognized media outlet. The assigning media outlet must make the press credential request.
- Some organizations will create press/journalist photo ID cards for a fee. Unless these organizations are a recognized media outlet, such ID cards are not sufficient to be eligible for press registration.
- Photographers are eligible for press registration for editorial photography only. Photographers taking photos for stock houses, resale and other commercial purposes must purchase a paid attendee registration.
- Blog administrators, writers, vloggers, and podcast sites will not be considered for press credentials unless proper documentation of the site's history can be provided. Such documentation includes established period of existence, traffic/subscriber data, and previous coverage of aviation or AEA events. Maintaining a Facebook page or other social media account does not in itself qualify a person for press credentials.
- All press registration requests must take place through the online site. No applications will be accepted via phone, fax or email.
- The number of press credentials issued to each media outlet will be limited to a reasonable number at the discretion of the AEA. Any personnel over that limit will be subject to attendee registration prices.
The AEA maintains the right to request additional information from any media outlet prior to approving press registration requests, and also may approve or reject any press registration requests for the event.
Registered media representatives will receive occasional email updates from the AEA prior to and following the AEA Convention. This list is shared with AEA Convention exhibitors who may wish to contact the media regarding newsworthy items during the AEA Convention.
If you have any questions, please call Geoff Hill at 816-347-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to welcoming you to the AEA International Convention & Trade Show.