SUMMARY: The Federal Aviation Administration is sponsoring a three-day international workshop on technical standard orders (TSO) in Atlanta, Ga. The public portion of this workshop is limited to Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2009.
The workshop will bring together individuals from FAA headquarters, certification directorates, including the Aircraft Certification Offices, industry and other aviation authorities, including the European Aviation Safety Agency and Transport Canada Civil Aviation, for a collaborative discussion about TSO and European ETSO programs.
The workshop will include presentations on the TSO and ETSO programs, such as:
- An overview of the data from the TSOA holder evaluations.
- Survey results of the TSO program.
- Gaps in the TSO/ETSO programs.
- Future initiatives.
- Aviation authorities who work with TSOs/ETSOs.
- Industry participants who work with TSOs/ETSOs, including avionics manufacturers.
- TSO/ETSO installers (such as original equipment manufacturers and supplemental type certificate holders).
Attendance at the conference is limited to 350 participants. There is no charge for the workshop; however, all participants must be registered in advance, no later than Aug. 7, 2009. Agenda, hotel and registration information will be posted at: www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/tso/workshop.
For more information about the FAA TSO workshop, send e-mails to 9-AWA-AVS-TSO-Workshop@faa.gov.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Ric Peri, AEA vice president of government and industry affairs, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-589-1144.