With several new avionics products set to debut, the four-day event is the largest wholesale avionics show in the general aviation industry.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA, April 27, 2016 -- Nearly 2,000 avionics manufacturers, repair stations, installers and other general aviation professionals have converged at the 59th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show, which opened today at the Gaylord Palms Convention Center in Kissimmee (Orlando), Florida. The four-day event takes place April 27-30, and it is the largest gathering of avionics manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations in the world.
The AEA Convention is the preeminent venue dedicated solely to the general aviation avionics industry. The event's primary focus is providing avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations. The general aviation avionics community knows the AEA Convention is a must-attend gathering for growing their businesses, training their technicians and meeting with their dealer network.
Avionics professionals will experience the following highlights during the week, just to name a few.
- Address from FAA Administrator Michael P. Huerta.
- More than 30 companies will participate in the AEA New Product Introductions session.
- Lee Cockerell, retired executive vice president of all Walt Disney World operations, will give the keynote address on April 28, which is sponsored by Universal Avionics Systems Corp. Spending more than 25 years in executive positions with Disney, Cockerell will share his leadership and customer service experience with attendees. His presentation, "You Can Create Disney Magic, Too," is a powerful, yet simple, message on leadership, management and customer service excellence.
- More than 75 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development, all approved for credit toward the AEA's Avionics Training Excellence Award, as well as accepted for FAA IA renewal and the AMT Awards Program.
- A sold-out Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies and more than 135 exhibitors.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- Presentation of the AEA Lifetime Achievement Award to Robert Duncan of Duncan Aviation.
- Recognition of the 2016 AEA Member of the Year Award recipient.
- Recognition of the 2016 AEA Associate Member of the Year Award recipient.
- Live-streaming on the AEA website of the Opening Session, New Product Introductions and live Exhibit Hall coverage from the Aero-News Network.
- Free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams to convention attendees, courtesy of the AEA Educational Foundation and its partnership with the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT) and ASTM International. Attendees may test their knowledge in achieving the NCATT's highly regarded avionics technician certification, and this $100 value is only available through the AEA at the convention.
OFFICIAL OPENING AND NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS LIVE-STREAMING
One of the most popular sessions each year is the AEA New Product Introductions during the opening session, sponsored by Pacific Southwest Instruments. This must-see event takes place Wednesday, April 27, and it continues to draw the attention of the entire general aviation community. In addition, each NPI presentation will be syndicated to dozens of popular E-media and aviation websites, such as YouTube.
AEA AWARDS NOMINEES
The 2016 AEA Member of the Year and Associate Member of the Year will be announced during the AEA Opening Session, April 27.
The nominees for the 2016 AEA Member of the Year are:
- Quintin DeGroot of Spencer Avionics
- Don Dominguez of San Luis Avionics Inc.
- Bill Hanf of Green Mountain Avionics
- Garry Joyce of IAE Ltd.
- Jeanne Rau-Flattery of Millennium International
The nominees for the 2016 Associate Member of the Year are:
- Applied Avionics Inc.
- Gogo Business Aviation
- Trig Avionics Limited
The official hashtag for the AEA Convention is #AEA16. Stay connected with AEA Convention updates by following the AEA on Twitter @AEA_aero and liking the AEA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AircraftElectronicsAssociation.
– 30 –
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association represents nearly 1,300 member companies in more than 40 countries, including approved maintenance organizations specializing in maintenance, repair and installation of aircraft electronics systems in general aviation aircraft. The AEA membership also includes manufacturers of aircraft electronics equipment, instrument repair facilities, instrument manufacturers, airframe manufacturers, test equipment manufacturers, major distributors, engineers and educational institutions.