Build an Aviation Career You’re Proud Of
Build your career with integrity by working at a company that doesn’t just treat you like a number. You’ll get the tools to do things right in a clean and safe work environment and the trust to fix any issue that comes your way. Our on-the-job training and team of experts mean you’ll be set up for success.
Take charge of our day-to-day operations, so we remain the trusted source for aviation repair and maintenance. Work with your team to implement the right processes and practices across our organization to help ensure flight and product efficiency.
As an A&P Inspector, you’ll ensure the airworthiness of customer aircraft, ensuring that regulatory and company requirements are met while upholding organizational values, and by always working within the ethical guidelines established by the company.
What you’ll do:
- Complies with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Quality Procedures (QPs), and local work instructions
- Ability to demonstrate sound and accurate judgment
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions to his/her Crew Chief and/or a Senior Inspector
- Inspects all types of aircraft (including engines, electrical instruments, structures, controls, environmental control systems, landing gear, accessories, etc.) before, during, and after maintenance
- Ensures compliance with FAA regulations, production approval holder and military specifications, service bulletins, and airworthiness directives
- Determines the serviceability of aircraft systems, parts, and components using precision measuring guides, gauges, instruments, measuring devices, magnification, and non-destructive testing (if appropriately certified)
- Accomplish preliminary, hidden damage, in-process, and final inspection of all articles repaired, maintained, inspected, or altered by the facility
- Complies with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Quality Procedures (QPs), and Local Work Instructions
- Maintains proper communication and coordination between Production and Inspection personnel to deliver the customer’s product on time, in accordance with FAA regulations and company policies/procedures
- Effectively communicates reasons in their decision making process to the appropriate team members
- Actively strives for conflict resolution and offers support
- Provides procedural guidance to technicians and delegated inspectors. Trains and assists technicians in proper work procedures and practices
- Monitors work in progress to ensure proper paperwork, procedures, techniques, and methods as prescribed by maintenance manuals, overhaul manuals, approved engineering documents, and other FAA approved data are used
- Documents inspection results in inspection paperwork and log books. Accomplishes final review of work order documentation prior to final release of articles. Ensures that work performed is accurately reflected on the work order
- Researches logbooks, and prepares logbook entries and sign-offs for approval for Return to Service (RTS)
- RTS any article that is maintained or altered by the facility, and if applicable, certify (in the appropriate records) that the article is airworthy with respect to the work performed
- Approves aircraft for return to service upon completion of maintenance and/or alteration
- Reports conditions adversely affecting the airworthiness of an article under repair or alteration to the Quality Leader
- Must be up-to-date on scope of required maintenance and inspection for customers and coordinates efforts to ensure a timely turnaround
- Supports and adheres to all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping policies.
What skills you will use:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- A valid FAA Airframe and Power plant certificate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as A&P Mechanic
- Corporate aviation experience
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must have 20/20 vision (corrected if necessary)
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe.
Benefits that make life better:
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- 401(k) with 100% company match; up to 5% vested
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus opportunities
- Health- & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training opportunities
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers’ missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.