Aerospace Manufacturing Instructor - Adjunct/Part-Time
At WSU Tech, we are dedicated to promoting quality higher education and leadership in workforce training that supports economic development for a global economy. Our experienced faculty and staff are committed to helping students achieve their goals by providing hands-on experience, state-of-the-art facilities, and individualized support and guidance. We operate in a values-based culture and strive towards our behaviors in everything we do.
Whether you are starting your education journey or are looking to advance your career experiences, WSU Tech has the resources and expertise to help you succeed. Join us and discover the possibilities for your future!
Compensation: $32 /hr
Worksite Location: NCAT Campus
WSU Tech Benefits (Varies):
- Paid Holidays: 15 – 18 paid holidays
- PTO: Earn 18 – 28 days annually
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
Overview / Job Summary:
We are seeking a highly knowledgeable and experienced aerospace professional to join our educational institution as an Adjunct Aerospace Manufacturing Instructor. As an adjunct faculty member, you will contribute to the development and delivery of a comprehensive curriculum for aerospace manufacturing, providing students with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge necessary for a successful career in the aerospace industry. This position offers a unique opportunity to share your expertise and passion for aerospace coatings and paint with aspiring professionals.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the program director and other faculty members to develop and update a comprehensive curriculum for aerospace coatings and paint, ensuring alignment with industry standards and emerging trends.
- Deliver engaging and effective lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on training sessions on various topics related to aerospace coatings and paint, such as surface preparation, coating application techniques, paint selection, corrosion protection, and safety protocols.
- Organize and supervise laboratory sessions, allowing students to gain practical experience in applying coatings and paints on aerospace components. Provide guidance on proper equipment usage, best practices, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Develop and administer assessments, exams, and practical evaluations to measure student understanding and progress. Provide constructive feedback to help students improve their skills and knowledge.
- Engage in continuous professional development activities, such as attending conferences, workshops, and seminars related to aerospace coatings and paint. Stay updated with instructional methodologies and educational technologies.
- Associate's Degree or Technical Certificate in Aerospace Manufacturing or a related field, providing a solid educational foundation for the role.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on industry experience in aerospace manufacturing and related areas, demonstrating practical expertise and familiarity with industry practices.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace manufacturing, encompassing materials, techniques, and adherence to industry standards (such as ANSI, NADCAP, AS9100), ensuring a comprehensive understanding of best practices and quality requirements.
- Proficient in a wide range of critical aerospace manufacturing processes, including drilling, reaming, riveting, countersinking, and repair techniques, with extensive knowledge of part layout, blueprint reading, and quality control procedures.
- A passion for educating and mentoring students, coupled with a strong commitment to their success, creating a supportive and motivating learning environment
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education, demonstrating a strong ability to engage and educate adult learners effectively.
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision, showcasing self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities, ensuring thoroughness and accuracy in all aspects of the role.
- Capability to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines, maintaining a high level of productivity and quality in fast-paced environments.
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents, and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.