Aviation Upholstery Technician 3
AVIATION INTERIORS - UPHOLSTERY TECHNICIAN 3
**Shifts include Monday through Thursday (four 10 hour shifts), or Friday/Saturday/Sunday (three 12 hour shifts)**
Western Aircraft is looking for qualified candidates with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working on high end seat upholstery for mid to large corporate aircraft. Candidates must have the ability to fabricate new foam cushions, strip, recover, rebuild, pattern and sew to specifications provided in sketches, drawing or engineering orders for seats, divans, side ledges and other interior soft goods.
Work with a team of upholsters in the processes and procedures of aircraft interior “soft goods” refurbishment work. This work requires experience and proficiency in recovering, foam re-building, patterning and sewing as they relate to refurbishment of seats, divans, headliners, dado panels, and other interior components. A good understanding of burn regulations, maintenance manuals, drawings and engineering orders is required.
- Creates custom seat patterns and foam for a variety of aircraft and seat models
- Sews and covers seats and interior panels using high-end leathers and fabrics
- Cuts foam to conform to seat specifications
- Cuts and fits, surges and binds carpets within the aircraft as required
- Assist team members with removal and installation of interior components of the aircraft
- Coordinates, or assists with the coordination of, vendor services for plating, flame treatment, placards, fabrications etc.
- Orders consumables and raw materials in Corridor as required and/or directed
- Assist with quotations and project planning
- Performs other duties as required
- Min 5 years’ experience in Aviation upholstery
- Prefer one years’ experience leading projects
- Read and interpret manuals, diagrams and work orders
- Detail oriented with the ability to follow instructions
- Strong ability to multi task effectively
- Ability to work individually, with a healthy sense of urgency to provide a quality product
- Must be able to wear a respirator or air hood, and work in a confined environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (word, excel, etc.) preferred
Learn About Western Aircraft Here
Western Aircraft, Inc. is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Equal Opportunity Employer;