Aviation Warehouse Specialist
Job title: Aviation Warehouse Specialist
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Open Date: November 2022
Close Date: Open
The Aviation Warehouse Specialist works in a supportive role with the Warehouse Manager in various ways with warehouse functions such as: inventory control to include picking, delivering, and performing cycle counts; processing parts returns; helping prepare the Parts Runner for their duties; and other duties as assigned. This position includes the duties of an Incoming Inspector and is trained for this role by a designee of the Chief Inspector. This position has the ultimate responsibility for the overall flow of parts in and out of inventory along with a major supportive role in the other sub departments within the Warehouse department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares Will Call orders and receives payment when necessary
- Monitors warehouse customer counter as required with part requests and unexpected shipments
- Prepares work order requisitions for Parts Runners to assist in deliveries and supports them as needed
- Prepares sales order requisitions
- Calculates incoming freight charges; compares to charts and generates computerized invoices and packing slips
- Performs cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory
- Places parts (ordered/returned) in their proper bin locations, updates shelf life, quantities, and serial numbers
- Picks parts for requisitions and sales orders using FIFO system; verifies lot, control numbers, and quantities
- Verifies part numbers, serial numbers and quantity of all physical parts received
- Visually inspects parts/material for damage caused by manufacturer, packaging protocol, or shipping company
- Identifies potentially unapproved/damaged parts, quarantines and reports these findings to shipper, work order lead, and/or the Chief Inspector to request confirmation and instruction on parts and materials in question.
- Moves larger items utilizing two-man concept or a forklift as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Job Requirements
Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an inventory control function
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience issuing inventory from stock
- Minimum six (6)months’ experience with a computer database program performing data entry
- Candidates with skills using ERP are preferred
Apply on-line at www.westair.com/careers.
Learn About Western Aircraft Here
Western Aircraft Inc. has a Drug Free Workplace Policy which includes applicants passing pre-employment testing in accordance with 14 CFR 120. Applicants testing positive for the presence of prohibited drugs are ineligible for employment. DOT applicants who become employees of Western Aircraft Inc. will also be subject to random, reasonable cause, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer; W/M/Vets/Disabled
Western Aircraft, Inc. is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Equal Opportunity Employer;