A&P Jet Aircraft Mechanic
Port City Air (PCA) is located on Pease in Portsmouth, NH. A full service 24/7 fixed base operator (FBO) and multi-faceted aviation services company which offers a variety of services for many different size aircrafts such as maintenance, fueling, cleaning and more!
The A&P Jet Aircraft Mechanic provides support for customer jet aircraft, including locally based corporate aircraft, transient aircraft, and PSM commercial service aircraft. The ideal candidate will have a background in performing maintenance on various models of corporate aircraft (Bombardier, Falcon, Hawker, Gulfstream, Citation, Embraer, etc.) with knowledge of aircraft systems and a demonstrated proficiency working with FAA regulations and Repair Station Manual compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform inspections, troubleshoot, and repair discrepancies on airframe, engines, and related systems.
- Support the PCA Mobile Repair Team on AOG events as required.
- Promote safety throughout organization.
- Report safety deficiencies and production inefficiencies to senior management.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 2+ years of turbine aircraft maintenance experience preferred
- A&P Certification required
- The ability to clearly communicate in the English language (written and verbal)
- Experience working Part 145, 135, AOG preferred
- Basic computer skills and experience with electronic manuals
- Experience with Corridor Software preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to complete assigned work with minimal supervision
- Completion of factory schools for relevant aircraft preferred
- Must pass the FAA and Homeland Security background checks as well as complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able to stand, lie, and kneel in awkward positions and spaces for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform work on ladders or work stands.
- Must be able to lift and pull objects weighing up to 70 pounds at a time.
- Manual dexterity and physical strength necessary to operate tools.
- Must have visual acuity to inspect equipment and identify defects.
- Must have necessary hearing ability to test sounds and identify functioning level of aircraft.
BENEFITS For FT Employees
- 8 paid holidays
- Anthem medical (includes vision)
- 401k after 90 days of employment
- $15,000 company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- 80 hours paid vacation, accrued weekly at 1.53 hours per week
- Up to 56 hours of sick time. One (1) hour of sick time to be accrued every thirty (30) hours worked.
Port City Air, and its subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. For more information visit https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Darlene Skiotis at firstname.lastname@example.org.