Engineering Test Technician
Not many people can say they work in an industry that makes air travel safer, efficient, and more reliable. At Universal Avionics - we can! Here at UA, you will be part of a company that's leading the future of aviation to ensure easier management and safety & reliability of all phases of flight.
UA's Senior Test Technician performs a wide variety of complex technical tasks which are typically non-repetitive R&D in nature and complexity, requiring considerable judgment and initiative in resolving problems and making recommendations. Using basic engineering principles, you will develop or direct the setup of test equipment and the appropriate testing on new or experimental units and analyze and summarize the results. This is a senior-level position where work is distinguished by its technical complexity and diversity. You will work not only as part of a talented and dedicated team but also independently with little to no supervision on work assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Independently estimate and complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Follow established testing processes and procedures.
- May provide work leadership to lower-level technicians.
- The Test Technician is responsible for the following:
- Assist design engineers with developmental operations
- Assists in the design, development, construction and laboratory testing of developmental equipment and assemblies.
- Conducting environmental and electro-magnetic interference qualification testing
- May conduct complex engineering tests and detailed experimental testing, solving mechanical or electronics problems involved in the operation of the product and otherwise assisting in general laboratory work.
- Requires ability to use practical electronic theory, basic machine tools and work from schematics and rough sketches.
- Repairing internal products used for testing and development.
- Maintaining calibration procedures.
- Work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics Technology or related field and experience with technical related work that is commensurate with the skills listed below.
- Typically requires (2) years technical training and at least 10 years related experience.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to resolve test problems
- Ability to apply understanding of electronic concepts.
- Ability to logically and systematically troubleshoot a problem.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with personal computers and computer operating systems.
- Ability to apply understanding of version control systems.
Ability to write professional correspondence and effectively communicate information to other employees in English.
Ability to apply understanding of mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to assimilate information from diverse sources to form a complete situational picture and develop a plan of action to accomplish a task.
- Ability to use process of elimination when diagnosing problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit, and participate in meetings in various physical meeting spaces throughout the facility. Additionally, the individual is required to use hands and fingers, and may be required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to speak clearly, hear and see. Required vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some travel may be required.
Drug-free working environment. Combination of office conditions and lab environment.
What motivates our team:
- Excellent benefits, including medical, vision, dental, PTO, 401k, and much more, as well as a robust health & wellness program
- Strong life-work balance
- Great company culture
- Groundbreaking work opportunities
- Impactful innovation in the avionics industry
- Passionate & dedicated team members
- A work environment that fosters training, professional development, and career advancement
Why you’ll like working here:
- Universal Avionics is a mid-sized company with all the functions and benefits of a much larger organization, so you get the best of both worlds.
- You’ll make an impact! You’ll be part of a company that is making huge strides in the safety and reliability of air travel.
- You’ll work with very motivated and skilled people who are excellent at what they do and are great mentors. You’ll bring your own unique skills set and passion to create a mutually beneficial working and learning environment.
- At UASC, we care about our employees, both personally and professionally.
About Universal Avionics
Universal Avionics and its parent company, Elbit Systems, Ltd., represent decades of leadership and innovation as developers and suppliers of Head-Down Displays (HDD), Head-Up Displays (HUD), Head Wearable Displays (HWD), and Combined Vision Systems (CVS), which includes both our Enhanced Vision System (EVS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS). Universal Avionics is also a leading manufacturer of innovative commercial avionics systems, offering retrofit and forward-fit solutions for the largest diversification of aircraft types in the industry.
To learn more about Universal Avionics, visit www.UniversalAvionics.com