Logic Design Engineer III
Few people can say they work in an industry that makes air travel safer, more efficient, and more reliable. At Universal Avionics - we can! Here at UA, you will be part of a company that's leading the future of aviation to ensure easier management and, safety & reliability of all phases of flight.
As Universal Avionics' Logic Design Engineer III, you will design state-of-the-art FPGAs for safety-critical avionics applications in a fast-paced environment that will test the boundaries of your creativity and passion. Your work will span the entire product life cycle, making you an integral and essential part of our dynamic team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently estimate and complete work assignments on time.
- Follow established firmware development processes and procedures.
- For small to large/subsystem level firmware projects:
- Develop and review firmware requirements
- Develop and review firmware design data
- Develop, test, debug and review VHDL source code
- Integrate firmware with existing systems
- Develop and execute physical bench tests in the lab.
- Work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Investigate complex problem reports.
- Provide input to, and review product and/or system requirements.
- May fulfill the role of Software Lead on small software projects.
- May recommend improvements to software development processes and company products.
- May support ROM estimates for business proposals.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive FPGA design and development experience
- Hands-on lab experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, and experience with FPGA design and development commensurate with the skills listed below.
- Five or more years of experience in FPGA design.
- Commercial avionics design/development experience.
- Expert knowledge of FPGA vendor design tools.
- FPGA Verification.
- DO-254 DAL A/B Design.
- Proficient in VHDL or Verilog, capable of designing an FPGA with either language.
- Proficient with FPGA design tools and design flows.
- Ability to apply understanding of digital logic design to the development of FPGA.
- Safe State machines
- Complex interfaces
- Timing analysis and application of constraints
- Understand verification concepts for the development of FPGAs.
- Ability to logically and systematically troubleshoot a problem.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with personal computers and computer operating systems.
- Proficient with FPGA development environments, programming, and debugging tools.
- Ability to apply understanding of version control systems.
Ability to write professional correspondence and effectively communicate information to other employees
Ability to apply understanding of mathematics related to the design and development of digital electronics
(Boolean algebra, DeMorgan’s theorem, Karnaugh maps, etc.).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to assimilate information from diverse sources to form a complete situational picture and develop a plan of action to accomplish a task.
- Ability to use the process of elimination when diagnosing problems
Drug-free working environment. Combination of office conditions and lab environment
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the
essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit, and participate in
meetings in various physical meeting spaces throughout the facility. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Additionally, the individual is required to use hands and fingers, and may be required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to speak clearly, hear and see. Required vision abilities include close vision, depth perception, color discernment and ability to adjust focus.
What motivates our team:
- Excellent benefits, including medical, vision, dental, PTO, 401k, and much more, as well as a robust health & wellness program
- Strong life-work balance
- Great company culture
- Groundbreaking work opportunities
- Impactful innovation in the avionics industry
- Passionate & dedicated team members
- A work environment that fosters training, professional development, and career advancement
Why you’ll like working here:
- Universal Avionics is a mid-sized company with all the functions and benefits of a much larger organization, so you get the best of both worlds.
- You’ll make an impact! You’ll be part of a company that is making huge strides in the safety and reliability of air travel.
- You’ll work with very motivated and skilled people who are excellent at what they do and are great mentors.
- You’ll bring your own unique skills set and passion to create a mutually beneficial working and learning environment.
- At UASC, we care about our employees, both personally and professionally.
About Universal Avionics:
Universal Avionics and its parent company, Elbit Systems, Ltd., represent decades of leadership and innovation as developers and suppliers of Head-Down Displays (HDD), Head-Up Displays (HUD), Head Wearable Displays (HWD), and Combined Vision Systems (CVS), which includes both our Enhanced Vision System (EVS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS). Universal Avionics is also a leading manufacturer of innovative commercial avionics systems, offering retrofit and forward-fit solutions for the largest diversification of aircraft types in the industry.
To learn more about Universal Avionics, visit www.UniversalAvionics.com