As an Avionics Technician, you will be responsible for performing functional tests, removing, installing and troubleshooting avionics systems and components of our customer’s aircraft. The task requires both avionics and mechanical integration skills along with pneumatic and avionics checkout activity. Your diligence and attention to detail will not only ensure a positive work experience but will also ensure the safety of our customers.
- Demonstrate professionalism and deliver satisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Present a clean and neat work area.
- Ability to perform in-depth diagnostics on aircraft avionics components and systems.
- Perform inspections, make adjustments and repairs, replace components and correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to aircraft.
- Troubleshoot and assist with repairs on components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors and leading edges.
- Perform maintenance aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA regulations.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and follow detailed work instructions.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions.
- Accurately complete and sign maintenance and installation documents.
- Assist other employees in troubleshooting and repair of aircraft.
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction.
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2 years of at least one of the following trades:
- Structures assembly
- Avionics hardware assembly/test/installation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license.
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Must be highly motivated and work effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents, maintenance manuals, repair manuals and wiring diagram manuals.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to climb ladders and be comfortable working in tight spaces.
D&J Aviation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with D&J Aviation, Inc. is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.