Experienced Avionics Technician
Airtech of Ohio LLC, located at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati Ohio, is looking for an experienced avionics technician to join our maintenance team. Responsibilities will include: Performing full avionics upgrades and installations, running cables, mounting antennas, connecting instruments for navigation and engine monitoring, and installing radios, autopilots, and passenger entertainment systems. We are a Garmin Dealer, so past Garmin installation experience is preferred.
Avionics Technician Responsibilities:
- Installing and testing complex avionics equipment and electrical systems on aircraft.
- Accurate OPS checks to verify that all avionics related equipment works correctly before returning the aircraft to service.
- Performing intricate and highly reliable soldering on components for navigation, control, and communication systems.
- Assembling and installing electrical components.
- Providing accurate diagnoses of difficult avionics problems.
- Working directly with the Avionics Manager, and any associated engineers, technicians, or aircraft maintenance staff.
- Performing 24-Month IFR certifications, and RVSM certifications.
Avionics Technician Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in avionics or aviation technology, or related OJT training complete with past training records.
- FAA Licenses (A&P or Repairman preferred)
- Experience with systems such as ADS-B/NAV/COM/UAT's, Autopilot, GPS, and RVSM.
- Strong working knowledge of aviation safety practices, technology, and FAA standards.
- An understanding of other aircraft systems, such as hydraulics and flight control.
- The ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Excellent analytical, attention-to-detail, troubleshooting, problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills.
- A desire to figure things out, a determination and willingness to overcome challenges, and a can do attitude
- Some travel is required.
Airtech of Ohio LLC offers benefits to include:
PTO (Vacation and Sick)