Customer Project Manager
Job Title: Customer Project Manager
Location: Springfield, IL
At StandardAero, we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Safety focused culture
- Advancement opportunities
The Customer Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the assigned project to ensure quality, schedules and budgets are achieved by coordinating with all departments supporting the project.
- Establishes detailed operational objectives and action plans to meet project performance goals.
- Develops control systems and reports that accurately measure progress such as project schedules with milestones, project budgets, certifications, material ordering processes, labor targets and Contract Change Orders (CCO).
- Identifies potential problems in sufficient time and insure corrective action to be taken.
- Ensures company’s contract commitments are met.
- Implements project work breakdown structure and coordinates technical activities of project.
- Makes decisions, carries out actions and directs others in matters related to the duties and goals of Program Management in coordination with appropriate Department Leader.
- Works across all departments to ensure that functional objectives are proactively met for production, procurement, quality control, logistics, and administrative functions.
- Obtains customer approvals for work scope changes and overtime.
- Acts as primary customer contact on status and performance and anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Provides alternative solutions to customer, including contractual changes.
- Provides justification for deviations from the project plan and provide recovery strategy.
- Generates sales by providing information to customers regarding company capabilities, special programs and special pricing incentives.
- Prepares quotations for customers.
- Administers warranty claims and special programs.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy in terms of labor, materials, cost, sell, contract compliance special programs, warranty and discounts. Resolves discrepancies and disputes.
- Investigates and resolves customer concerns and billing disputes relative to previous visits with the team and respective department managers in an expeditious manner.
- Acts as the primary customer contact and managing a successful customer experience.
- Observes and reports any issues or concerns in support of the company-wide quality, environmental and Safety Management System [SMS] policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Educational/Academic Requirements
- The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is an applicable degree/certification in the Aerospace Industry or equivalent work experience.
- Federal Aviation Administration Certification (i.e.; A&P, Pilot, Repairman) preferred and/or Two-Year degree in a related field.
- Previous Aviation or MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) experience, to include airframe maintenance, avionics modifications, paint, and interior.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong financial acumen; prior experience with budgets & financial statements.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills while demonstrating situational awareness.
- Team leadership skills; ability to lead teams in a matrix environment (without direct reporting responsibility).
- Competent working in a culturally diverse environment with a demonstrated sensitivity to other cultural norms and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Experience building strong working relations with customers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Working knowledge of PC’s in the current company operating system environment including Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Ability to travel to customer locations to establish and/or maintain a good working relationship.