Structural Engineer (Repair Design & Analysis)
Pilatus is hiring a Structural Engineer to join our team in Broomfield, CO. In this role, you will be responsible for interfacing with Service Centers and operators to assess damage and develop major and minor repair designs and modifications for metallic and composite airframes. You will also support our customers on analysis of PC-12 and PC-24 structural components. A successful person in this position will thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a technical and intellectual focus. Take your career to the next level with Pilatus Business Aircraft!
- Analyze and coordinate structural damage, damage tolerance, and repair assessments
- Design major and minor repairs to metallic airframe structures for specific customer aircraft and standard repairs for the Aircraft Repair Manual
- Substantiate static and fatigue of major and minor repairs and modifications to metallic airframe structures using traditional and FE analysis methods, plus safe life and damage tolerant analysis
- Analyze structural suitability of specific airframes for life extension
- Provide interpretation of technical documentation (SRM, AMM, CMM) and support to customers and Service Centers performing analysis tasks and repairs
- Participate in regular exchange and coordinate technical issue resolution with Pilatus Aircraft OEM Engineering in Switzerland
- Write and review technical memos, procedure instructions, engineering reports, and analyses
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering (with a focus on structural analysis)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in airframe stress and FDT analysis in supporting repairs
- Familiarity with NASTRA, FEMAP, or similar packages and FDT tools (e.g. AFGROW)
- Experience using Siemens Solid Edge / NX and Teamcenter applications
- Experience with Pilatus PC-12 and PC-24 or similar aircraft type highly desired
- Familiarity with CS/FAR Part 23
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management and task prioritization skills
- Self-disciplined and capable of handling multiple, simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable working directly with Service Centers, operators, and customers
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
- Must maintain all required documents to travel outside the U.S. with ability to travel on short notice
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for any business-related travel or offsite training
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
- Hiring range of $80,000 - $112,000 per year depending on experience
- Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NGX and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
$80,000 - 112,000 / year