Shape the future of aviation by sharing your expertise as an Avionics Faculty member! Inspire the next generation of aviation professionals and help them soar to new heights with hands-on experience and cutting-edge technology.
This position is a Full-time Exempt level position, as defined by policy to mean working a minimum of 40 hours per week. The primary responsibility of an instructor is to provide the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The instructor is responsible for performing the duties in the assigned instructional modality (hybrid, online or face to face) during the day, evening, or weekend on any WSU Tech) campus/off- campus/on-line location. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction, instructional counseling, academic planning, serving on various committees, recruiting, participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations as needed. An instructor performs all duties as directed by the Program Director, Associate Dean, Dean, Academic Vice President, or the President.
Key Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and/or uploads an appropriate course syllabus for each course to the Learning Management System.
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including but not limited to course messaging in the LMS, grades, census rosters and attendance records.
- Submits all scholastic records by the established due date.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward the achievement of course outcomes/competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates Degree or higher from a nationally or regionally accredited college in Aviation, Electrical, Engineering, Electronics, Integration, or similar or related field preferred.
- Three years, or the equivalent of three years, full-time work experience in the field required
- Current FCC license preferred
- NCATT Certification preferred
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Paid holidays – 15 to 18 paid holidays each year! This includes the entire week of Thanksgiving and at least a week off at Christmas!
- PTO (Paid time off) – Employees earn 18 – 28 days of PTO annually (in addition to paid holidays!) based on length of service.
- Paid Parental Leave – 6 weeks of paid leave (without using PTO hours) within the first six months following birth or adoption.
- Tuition Waiver Program – Tuition and Student Fees are waived for credit courses taken at WSU Tech.
- Available to employees and immediate family members (spouse and dependent children).
- 457(b) Retirement Plans – includes a Roth IRA option
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.