Aircraft Avionics Department Manager
NorthPoint Aviation is seeking an Aircraft Avionics Department Manager to join our professional trained maintenance team at our FAA Part 145 Repair Station in Brainerd, Minnesota. This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with a great company. Reporting to the General Manager, your primary responsibility will be the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of General and Corporate Aviation aircraft.
What We Offer
- Vacation time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Basic life insurance
- Growth opportunities
- Community involvement
- Perform maintenance /repairs on all aircraft avionics components and electrical systems components, such as airborne navigation and communication systems, autopilot systems, weather radar, transponder, pitot static systems, compass systems, instruments and accessories.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Work directly with customers to provide them with avionics equipment options for their aircraft. Prepare formal quotes for the complete avionics package installation.
- Schedule the installation, troubleshooting and repairs of aircraft avionics equipment for the avionics department.
- Train apprentice and avionics technicians in proper installation, troubleshooting and repairs of avionics equipment installed in General Aviation aircraft.
- Prepare weekly work schedule for all apprentice and avionics technicians employed within the avionics department.
- Perform all avionics functions unsupervised, at any time. Maintain a clean and neat work area. Help with other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Able to maintain repair station records and documents as required for Avionics department.
- Assist co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in aviation electronics or related subjects is required (FCC License Preferred) FAA A&P mechanic a Plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and coordinate work with that of technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of wire harness fabrication, pitot static systems, RVSM systems testing and repair and also be proficient with all avionics shop test and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform simulated functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin, Honeywell (Bendix/King), L-3, Aspen, Avidyne, PS Engineering, JPI Instruments and/or (S-Tec).
- Must be familiar with and be able to read and understand maintenance manuals / wiring schematics and have at minimum, basic knowledge and experience with general computer applications. (i.e., Microsoft, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to operate computer-aided drafting and design applications to design avionics system modifications is a plus.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling, and working overhead for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.