Avionics Certification Engineer
Peregrine Avionics LLC is seeking a full-time Avionics Certification Engineer for our ODA at Centennial Airport in Englewood, CO.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical drawings and certification documents in support of FAA Supplemental Type Certificates (STC’s).
· Develop and certify complex STC designs including all aspects such as installation design/interconnect, safety considerations, etc.
· Create and review STC certification plans for projects, including determining affected Federal Aviation Regulations and certification basis based on similar projects.
· Create and review test reports, analysis, and other compliance data for projects of medium complexity.
· Demonstrate solid understanding of STC certification process and associated regulations.
· Prepare electrical installation drawings, defining power routing, electrical load calculations and other documentation supporting the process.
· Analyze functional and physical requirements used in the development of integrated designs and system architecture, verify results, and perform design reviews.
· Coordinate with outside customers to understand and meet their expectations consistently.
· Communicate, execute, and meet project goals and work effectively with design/development teams to complete complex projects.
· Understand design and/or certification constraints.
· Provide reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques.
· Provide engineering support for the development of system safety documents.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Previous experience working in avionics integration design and FAA certification.
· Must be detail-oriented and work proactively and effectively with limited supervision.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of FAA regulations applicable to avionics, systems safety and the FAA STC process.
· Demonstrated understanding of commercial avionics interface standards and their interconnections.
· Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.