Senior Aircraft Systems Engineer
We are seeking a full-time Senior Aircraft Systems Engineer in our New Century, KS or Wichita, KS location. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership in development or certification of avionics installations.
- Provide leadership for the certification aspects of Garmin aircraft certification projects through coordination with the FAA, internal Garmin groups and outside customers to ensure well planned, efficient and timely aircraft systems implementation, development and FAA certification
- Serve in leadership capacity to develop and/or certify complex STCs designs including all aspects such as installation design/interconnect, safety considerations, etc.
- Create or review STC certification plans for projects, including determining affected Federal Aviation Regulations and certification basis based on similar projects
- Create or review test reports, analyses, and other compliance data for projects of medium complexity
- May serve as project lead, technical lead, or certification lead for projects of medium complexity or for complex designs that are significant redesigns of existing STC projects
- Demonstrate solid understanding of STC certification process and associated regulations
- Revise procedures/create new procedures and logically define project documentation structure
- Coordinate with outside customers to understand/meet their expectations consistently
- Coordinate internal Garmin groups to communicate, execute and meet project goals and work effectively with design/development teams to complete complex projects
- Understand design and/or certification constraints
- Provide reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced aircraft systems engineers (Aircraft Systems Engineer 1 & 2)
- Provide engineering support for the development of system safety documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Previous experience working in avionics design, installation and FAA certification
- Must be detail-oriented and work proactively and effectively with some supervision support
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of FAA regulations applicable to avionics and flight controls certification efforts
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the FAA STC process
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial avionics interface standards and their installation
- Demonstrated clear understanding of the FAA system safety process
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas: Electrical Systems, Structures, Mechanical Systems, System Safety, HIRF/Lightning, and/or Aircraft Certification
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
This position is eligible for Garmin's benefit program.