- Component level knowledge of electronics
- Basic knowledge of aircraft electronics and systems
- Basic knowledge of common avionics test equipment
- Basic knowledge of commonly used hand tools associated with avionics installation and repair
- Basic understanding of pitot/static systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to work in stressful working conditions
- Some experience with general aviation avionics installation/repair
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- A&P highly reccomended
Employee will work under the supervision of qualified technicians and assist them with their duties. This may include fabrication of wire harnesses, removal of wiring and equipment from aircraft, documenting part numbers and serial numbers of equipment, trouble shooting and repair of electrical systems, cleaning aircraft after installations and repairs and keeping work areas clean and organized. Training will be on the job, continuous and based on prior experience.
This job will be ideal for someone who has past experience working in aviation. You must be willing to submit to drug testing and a background check. You must be able to crawl in and out of aircraft and at times work in tight spaces and in high stress environments. You must have knowledge of basic hand tools.
You can view our website to contact us or for more information on what we do and the types of aircraft we work on: www.aerialavionics.com
- Document aircraft maintenance for record keeping in accordance with company policy and applicable laws and statutes.
- Fabricate, solder, route and install wiring assemblies and electrical components.
- Assemble, install, modify, troubleshoot and repair avionics components and electrical systems.
- Assisting with minor hangar maintenance
- Remove existing avionics equipment and systems.
- Perform final system setup and calibration of newly installed equipment using manufacturer data and standard avionics test equipment.