Aircraft Paint Technician
Pilatus is looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our new state-of-the-art Aircraft Paint Shop. In this role, you will work under limited supervision to prepare and paint aircraft exteriors and components such as fuselages, wings, fairings, horizontals, verticals, and flight controls in accordance with special specifications and all technical data. You will also process the assigned workload through the shop while meeting quality and schedule expectations. Additionally, you will mask, sand, prime, paint, and complete paint inspections on the PC-12 NGX Single Engine Turboprop, and the PC-24 Super Versatile Jet. You will be a key part of our team that values a perfect final aircraft delivery that brings our customers' dreams to life. Take your career to the next level with Pilatus Business Aircraft!
- Has a thorough understanding of all pertinent paint shop processes, paint systems, and quality standards
- Performs customer-facing, finish-grade painting in accordance with applicable specifications by fabricating patterns, stencils, templates, and operating spray equipment to apply finish coats
- Prepares aircraft surfaces by sanding, masking, and priming surfaces for final layout and painting
- Performs incoming inspection of aircraft and materials upon arrival from Stans
- Recognizes and troubleshoots problems as they arise, alerting others regarding potential concerns and ensures that all materials are available to support painting activities
- Maintains accurate records and documents and complete sign-offs in a timely manner
- Ensures all work is performed according to applicable regulatory requirements, customer specifications, and established quality standards and procedures and notifies appropriate personnel of any deviations
- Follows safety policies and uses required personal protective equipment in accordance with company and government regulations and guidelines
- Works with and accepts guidance from Leads and higher skilled technicians, while helping to build skills and abilities of lower level technicians
- Develops and implements skills and techniques required to perform all assigned tasks in accordance with Pilatus quality standards
- Performs other related duties and assists coworkers and other departments to successfully perform other job tasks as assigned by Lead or Manager
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Two (2) years related trade school or vocational degree preferred
- Demonstrated craftsman-level abilities and quality, and a minimum of two (2) years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations
- Ability to use paint sanders, spray guns, primer guns, sealant guns, and buffers
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to engineering drawings, tech specs, and other relevant documents
- Eye for precision and attention to details
- Able to work in heights, restricted spaces, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Regular, reliable attendance and willingness to work overtime and other shifts as required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
The salary range for this position is $25.00 - 35.00 per hour depending on experience. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NGX and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.