Team Leader Avionics Installation
Pilatus is hiring a Team Leader Avionics Installation to join our completions team in Broomfield, CO. In this role, you will direct, support, and assist an assigned team in the fabrication and installation of aircraft avionics systems. You will also inspect all avionics work performed by your team to ensure compliance with established specifications, regulations, and quality standards. A successful person in this position will focus on communication and organizational relationships based on technical expertise. Take your career to the next level by joining Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd!
- Leads team of avionics technicians and ensures completion of assigned project aircraft within allotted time frame and budget
- Fabricates, installs, modifies, and troubleshoots aircraft avionics systems in accordance with provided aircraft technical data and engineering drawings
- Trains, instructs, and orients new team members in associated work assignments to meet production requirements
- Performs inspection of avionics sub-assemblies and installed components to ensure conformity to technical data
- Ensures work is preformed to the highest degree of safety and quality standards per FAA regulations
- Maintains required records and completes work order tasks in a timely manner
- Verifies that all technical data utilized is applicable and of current release
- Performs supervisory responsibilities for a team of assigned technicians, including time card and time off approvals and annual performance reviews
- Ensures that work accomplished meets customer specifications, established quality standards, and procedures and reports any deviation to appropriate personnel
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of shop equipment, tools, hangar, and work areas
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director Aircraft System Integration
- Regular attendance and willingness to work overtime as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with avionics system integration In PC-12 and PC-24 or similar aircraft
- FAA A&P license or meet requirements of FAR 65.101 to obtain repairman certificate
- Previous aviation leadership experience preferred
- Decision-making and problem management skills
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints
- High standards of accuracy and quality and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in general computer use and MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
The salary range for this position is $28.78 - 38.00 per hour depending on experience. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NGX and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.