Team Leader Upholstery and Trim
Pilatus is hiring a Team Leader Upholstery and Trim to join our team in Broomfield, CO. In this role, you will provide effective leadership, support, and assistance to assigned team members in the fabrication of aircraft cabin interior components according to specifications and approved standards and procedures. The focus of this position centers around the careful, deliberate, imaginative, and serious undertaking of defined work. Take your career to the next level with Pilatus Business Aircraft!
- Works with other Team Leaders to prioritize daily activities and team assignments based on production schedule and input from the Director of Interior Fabrication
- Manages assigned parts and projects and maintains continuity of workflow by prioritizing work in a logical sequence, communicating priorities and schedules to team members, and ensures that the team works at a consistent and steady pace
- Fabricates aircraft interior components, recognizes and troubleshoots problems, and ensures that all materials are available to support assembly activities
- Ensures all work is performed according to applicable regulatory requirements, customer specifications, and established quality standards and procedures and notifies appropriate personnel of any deviations
- Maintains accurate records and documents and completes sign-offs in a timely manner
- Ensures that deadlines and schedules are strictly adhered to and immediately notifies manager if delays or problems are anticipated or exist
- Trains and motivates team members to be proficient in all work assignments
- Completes time card and time off approvals and annual performance reviews for assigned team
- Inspects incoming components and materials and prepares associated reports
- Maintains a clean, safe, and healthy work area
- Performs workmanship quality inspections of fabricated components
- Responds to other projects, tasks, additional duties, and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with aircraft cabin interior finishing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- High standards of accuracy and quality
- Self-disciplined, capable of handling multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks
- Regular attendance and willingness to work overtime and other shifts as required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
The salary range for this position is $26.54 - 39.81 per hour depending on experience. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NGX and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.