Quality Engineer Supply Chain
Pilatus is hiring a Quality Engineer Supply Chain to join our team in Broomfield, CO. In this position, you will support ongoing management tasks for an assigned supplier portfolio in North America. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving supplier quality in accordance with agreed contractual terms. The primary focus will be monitoring and resolving supplier quality issues, conducting audits, and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders. This specialized work requires a high degree of expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Take your career to the next level by joining Pilatus Business Aircraft!
- Primary point of contact for assigned supplier portfolio located in the United States
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with critical and key suppliers
- Manages initial and re-approval of suppliers within the USA
- Proactively initiates, tracks, and suggests solutions to supplier improvement measures
- Requests and verifies root-cause and corrective-action reports from suppliers
- Monitors and analyzes supplier performance (OQD, Reliability) based on supplier dashboards and quality notifications
- Performs on-site audits and travels for in-person support to suppliers based on performance and need
- Collaborates closely with all internal stakeholders e.g. Procurement, Quality, Engineering and provides constructive feedback
- Participates in special projects as required
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the aircraft industry
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally on short notice
- Auditor experience within aviation
- Demonstrated knowledge of 14 CFR regulations, EASA Part-21 Subpart G, and AS9100
- Experience in aircraft assembly and/or maintenance
- Ability to develop relationships and interact effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with ERP/MRP software (SAP or Quantum) beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
The salary range for this position is $69,822 - 94,260 per year depending on experience. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NGX and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email email@example.com with your request.