Avionics Bench Technician – repair and modification of avionics units
Avionics Bench Technician
Partial Job Description and Requirements below. Visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2225745/Southeast-Aerospace-Inc/Avionics-Bench-Technician to see the entire job description.
Salary: Depends on Experience – generally, $20/hour - $28/hour
The Avionics Bench Technician’s job is to troubleshoot, diagnose, calibrate, overhaul and repair down to the component level (under moderate supervision) a variety of avionics system components for the purpose of ensuring the function and providing the customer with reliable and quality repair.
Partial Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the quality of work performed meets FAA data and the manufacturers or industry’s specifications
• Properly handling all parts while in the repair process through the Avionics Shop until work is completed
• Preserving all units or parts during process through the Avionics Shop until work is completed
• Ensure the maintenance data being used is of the latest revision level
• Perform Preliminary and Hidden damage inspections on equipment
• Perform the Final Minimum Performance test in the Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manuals
• Adhere to all Southeast Aerospace company policies, safety guidelines, and code of ethical conduct
• In adhering to company polices, all employees are subject to random drug and alcohol tests
• Subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT and FAA regulations
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have adequate knowledge of electronics theory and troubleshooting techniques through schooling or on job training experience
• Demonstrate manual dexterity (must be able to hold certain components with one hand while moving tools around with the other hand)
• Aptitude for fine, detailed mechanical work and a high level of accuracy and precision
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to manage more than one project at a time
• Must be goal oriented and able to complete repairs within company standards
• Must be proficient with PCB soldering
• Basic computer skills
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Working conditions for the Avionics Technician will often be an avionics/instrument shop laboratory environment. However, the Avionics Technician II may work in hangars or aircraft ramp areas where the environment can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment.
Benefits - Health, Dental, 401K-Profit Sharing, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Portable HSA account, Clothing allowance.
Health and Dental insurance premiums fully paid by employer for employee. Southeast Aerospace pays 80% of Health and Dental insurance premiums for legal dependents.
401(k) and profit sharing at eligibility.
A limited number of qualified resume submissions receive further consideration in the order received.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
(1) Sending an e-mail to EMPLOYMENT@SEAEROSPACE.COM or calling Mark Braddock at 321-255-9877.
(2) Informing us regarding the nature of your request.
(3) Providing your contact information.
Southeast Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Southeast Aerospace, Inc. not to discriminate against qualified individuals because of their physical or mental disabilities or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified covered veterans.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/individuals with Disabilities