Technical Account Manager
WHAT WE DO
There will be millions of commercial drones and next-generation aircraft around the world in the coming years, and they will require sophisticated maintenance and support services to operate safely and predictably.
Robotic Skies is building a unique and vital global maintenance ecosystem that supports the safe integration of drones into our daily lives.
We aim to be the leader in support services for drones and next-generation aircraft through the global reach of our network, through the value and depth of our regulatory expertise, by using cutting-edge technology to drive innovation, and by providing outstanding and delightful customer service.
Our turnkey maintenance and repair solutions help operators minimize downtime and stay in compliance with regulatory requirements.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We are a small team building great things. We are passionate fans of next-generation aviation technology and the coming air mobility revolution.
We want to work with passionate, strong minded professionals who will support our focus on quality, customer service, and safety.
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for becoming the technical expert on maintaining, inspecting, and repairing various commercial unmanned aircraft systems.
This responsibility entails close interaction with and building relationships with our manufacturing and service center network partners. The Technical Account Manager is the first point of contact for a service request and will see it through to resolution.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Relocation assistance provided.
- Manage service requests, work order creation and daily workflow management as point-of-contact for customer
- Perform hands-on repairs in aircraft-on-ground (AOG) situations
- Assist OEMs in troubleshooting technical issues
- Capture and formal reporting of maintenance data
Detailed Support Plan (DSP) creation and implementation:
- Develop DSPs in collaboration with assigned manufacturers and fleet operators
- Perform validations of OEM time and parts estimates
- Determine scheduled maintenance plans and repair procedures
- Determine test-equipment requirements
- Review and assess documentation and maintenance plan gaps
- Identify areas of opportunity to generate consulting revenues
- Regularly review DSPs and service levels to assure quality
- Provide input to management on service levels to maximize profits to service centers and Robotic Skies
- Assist in development of technical training requirements and documents
- Coordinate technician training programs
- Workflow implementation
- Help design and implement Robotic Skies service workflow system
- Design best practices for UAS repair process based on experience in manned aviation, including documentation and conformance to regulations
- Experience in FAA Part 145 avionics repair station operations and workflow management
- Experience working as a certified avionics repairman or equivalent
- Experience soldering electronic boards and connectors
- Familiarity with Federal Air Regulations
- Ability to engage with FAA as required
- Ability to document repair processes, findings, and ongoing reporting
- Willingness to travel, often on short notice for AOG situations
- Ability to accommodate unpredictable schedule
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident legally able to work in the US
- Preferred: Hands on experience in UAS repair and familiarity with unmanned systems, including command and control, airframe types and integrated components
Benefits include 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Relocation assistance, Vision insurance