LOCATED 15 MINUTES SOUTH OF BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA
OPENINGS FOR TWO AVIONICS TECHNICIANS
Mid-South Avionics, Inc is a fast-growing avionics Part 145 Repair Station located approximately 15 miles South of Birmingham, AL, has multiple Dealerships, and was featured in January 2019 Avionics News Magazine due to 2018 growth. Mid-South is looking for avionics technicians who have worked in reputable avionics facilities with experience in Collins Aerospace and Garmin avionics systems and looking for the next step in their career. General Aviation, Turbo Prop, Light and Medium jet aircraft.
- Installations, troubleshooting, and repairs of avionics systems and components on a variety of air frames in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting. Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring. Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Prepare various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented. As required, inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time
- Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and capabilities with less experienced technicians through OJT to foster their development, ensure accurate work, and support of the team’s goals.
- Proficiently and consistently locates and uses the appropriate technical data to accomplish any and all tasks.
- Performs related duties, as assigned by management.