Avionics Shop Manager
109 Aviation Drive, Hangar 1
Santa Fe, NM 87507
We are looking for a stronger leader to head up a growing Avionics shop in Santa Fe. Santa Fe Aero Services is recognized as New Mexico’s premier install and repair avionics repair station, offering full service in-house avionics facility with capabilities unmatched in the design, automated fabrication, powder coating and laser etching of custom instrument panels. This is a top level Garmin and Aspen Avionics installation center, specializing in glass panel upgrades for piston and turbine aircraft. Exciting workplace, top of the line facility, training opportunities, and the great Southwest climate are available to qualified candidates.
The Avionics Manager will oversee and guide installation and repair of all avionics functions at the Santa Fe Aero facility, Quoting and building customer upgrades and repairs of Avionics systems. Ordering and controlling inventory and workflow. Oversee avionics technicians and work with maintenance personnel and assist as needed in a small Repair Station environment.
Overseeing test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies. Keep record of maintenance, installations, and upgrades. Adjust, repair or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies. Interpret test data to diagnose discrepancies.
- FAA A&P License preferred but not a deal breaker
- General Aviation experience preferred.
- Garmin, Aspen, Bendix King, Avidyne, and Genesys Aerosystems (Formally S-Tec) experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and work alone unsupervised
- Candidates hired for this position will be subject to DOT, pre-hire, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug/alcohol testing.
- Must be able to pass a background check for the company and to receive a ramp badge.
- Basic computer skills (outlook, word, excel); ability to read schematics and technical manuals, complete required reports.