Avionics Technician - HIO
Under the leadership of our new Director of Maintenance, we are seeking an experienced Avionics Technician to support our repair station's avionics needs.
Big things are happening at Aero Air and we want YOU to be a part of it! Aero Air a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro airport, is seeking an experienced Avionics Technician to join our maintenance team. We are looking for individuals who enjoy to work on a variety of aircraft that can range from the occasional WWII aircraft to today's most modern business aircraft. We operate and maintain 35+ of our own aircraft to include Lear 45 and 35's, PC-12's, King Air's, CJ3's, Cessna Mustangs, and Challenger. If you enjoy variety and steady work, come join our team.
Aero Air offers a very competitive wage and excellent benefit package that includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution!
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Lear 35/45, Pilatus, Phenom, Mustang and Gulfstream, or any combination of these aircraft. We are looking for highly motivated people who will take pride in being part of our team.
- Research technical data and perform inspection, testing, adjusting, and repair of avionics equipment.
- Inspect components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness.
- Continual use of test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results.
- Read and decipher blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Calibrate installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Occasional travel to perform duties away from base.
- Repair and maintenance of Company equipment.
- FCC License preferred.
- A&P License desired but not required
- Garmin experience extremely helpful.
- Corridor and maintenance/parts manual access software is desired.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to five years of experience in related aircraft avionics.
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Demonstrated use of hand tools and equipment
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines; attention to detail
- Mathematical skills required.
- Acceptable results from a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation.
Aero Air, LLC prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.