Perceptive Avionics Technician Position
Perceptive Avionics has an opening for a knowledgeable, experienced avionics technician to join our growing team. We are a rapidly growing FAA Part 145 certified Avionics company located just outside the metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul in beautiful New Richmond, Wisconsin. Only 45 minutes from the metro, we are located at the New Richmond Regional Airport (KRNH). In a countryside setting, but close to the action of a big city. Enjoy nature, outdoor sports, fishing, hunting and more. Most of all an affordable cost of living and great schools.
We are looking for a new member of our team where we value each team member and offer an innovative, challenging, and vibrant work environment.
The responsibilities of the avionics technician include installing avionics instruments and systems, antennas, cabling, autopilots, and passenger systems. Also troubleshooting and performing recertification analysis of pitot-static and transponder systems.
The successful avionics technician candidate will have a strong working knowledge of advanced electronic systems and diagnostics, an ability to reconstruct systems architecture, read detailed schematics and possess the ability to great attention to detail. In addition, the candidate should have excellent math skills, manual dexterity, and experience with quality control analysis.
Avionics Technician responsibilities:
- Installing and testing simple to complex avionics equipment and electrical systems in general aviation aircraft.
- Ensuring that all avionics equipment works properly, and that equipment does not experience interference, before the aircraft is delivered back to the customer
- Performing intricate and highly reliable wiring operations, creating wire harnesses, for avionics and other instrumentation installations.
- Reading and interpreting wiring schematics and systems diagrams. Re-creating these diagrams for aircraft where none already exist.
- Performing accurate diagnosis of avionics and other electrical problems.
- Performing recertification of pitot-static and transponder systems.
- Coordinating work with all other staff, office management, and technicians.
- Keeping detailed records of all repairs and work performed on the aircraft.
- Assist in the training of customers on the operation of new avionics equipment installations.
Avionics Technician requirements:
- An associates or equivalent degree in avionics technology or Airframe and Powerplant maintenance; or at least 5 years of prior related experience.
- Previous work experience with aircraft electrical repair and with general aviation aircraft maintenance and repair manuals.
- Experience with systems such as GPS, NAV/COM, Autopilot, Transponder and HSI/DG.
- Strong working knowledge of aviation safety practices and technology.
- An understanding of other aircraft systems such as flight controls, engine monitors and other.
- The ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Familiarity and experience with computer programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communications, and collaboration skills.
For more information see our website at www.perceptiveavionics.com