Director of Flight Operations
Avidyne is a leading provider of avionics to general and business aviation and consists of a team of aviation enthusiasts uniquely positioned to play a key role in the next generation of personal aviation. Electric, vertical take-off, autonomous, helicopters, airplanes, experimental, you name it, we are working on avionics to make it better.
We are seeking an aviation enthusiast and pilot to lead our flight operations and maximize Avidyne’s team members’ participation in aviation, whether they be non-pilots, experienced aviators or anywhere in between.
The Director of Flight Operations is a new position at Avidyne and reports directly to the CEO.
- Responsible for the safety, efficiency, and operational success of all flight activities at Avidyne
- Oversee Avidyne fleet of 5 aircraft (Hawker 800XP, 3 Cessnas, Lake Amphib) as well as any customer aircraft in our custody
- Oversee company pilots and pilot wannabees
- Conduct experimental avionics flight tests as required by Avidyne’s Director of Certification
- All aspects of Flight Safety – Pilots, flights, aircraft, training, SMS, etc.
- Corporate Pilot – Captain current in all company aircraft, maintain flight schedule, organize contract pilots as necessary, maintain aircraft and flight records and paperwork, crew travel and accommodation arrangements, flight planning, documentation, FBO and fuel arrangements, customs arrangements, etc.
- Oversee employee pilots – currency, training, insurance, pre and post flight reviews, etc.
- Establish, organize, and track training for all employees and contract pilots
- Oversee maintenance on all aircraft and assure the fleet is safe, airworthy and mission ready at all times.
- Ferry company or customer aircraft as necessary
- Run employee flight experience program – provide and/or organize flight instruction, training aircraft, ground school, flight experiences, create or interface with local flying club, etc.
- Aircraft acquisition and sale for company fleet changes – looking to purchase ~4 aircraft in next year
- Aircraft restoration – oversee engine overhauls, paint, interior, modifications and avionics installations in company aircraft
- Oversee all aspects of aviation insurance – aircraft, hangar, pilots, liability, etc.
- Hangar maintenance and housekeeping standards for all Avidyne hanger space and equipment
- Become very familiar with Avidyne products and act as a brand ambassador for customers and prospective customers
- Current pilot certificate and FAA medical
- 3000+ hours military, commercial, corporate turbine
- Hawker, Falcon experience preferred, typed and captain qualified in HS-125,
- Light single and twin piston and turbine experience – from Cubs to CJs