Aviation Regional Account Manager
Avidyne is a leading provider of avionics to general and business aviation, and consists of a team of aviation enthusiasts uniquely positioned to play a key role in the next generation of personal aviation. Electric, vertical take-off, autonomous, helicopters, airplanes, experimental, you name it, we are working on avionics to make it better.
About the Regional Account Manager position
As part of an outgoing and passionate sales team, our Regional Account Managers (RAMs) help bring the latest in avionics technology to the general aviation community. Our RAMs possess an aptitude for technology as well as the communication skills needed to introduce dealers and customers to our advanced products. They also enjoy the varied challenges and satisfaction associated with closing deals.
Routine tasks of our RAMs include expanding Avidyne’s dealer base and maintaining current dealers through cultivating mutually beneficial partnerships. Secondary responsibilities include assisting with customer service and technical support activities and presenting at trade shows.
Our RAM’s responsibilities include:
- Selling avionics products requiring extensive technical and aviation expertise
- Visiting and conferring with dealers to understand customer aircraft configurations and assess future equipment needs
- Building, developing, and maintaining long-term relationships with dealers
- Persuading dealers to recognize and invest in the innovation provided by Avidyne’s avionics
- Assisting with complex dealer requests, inquiries, concerns, or business opportunities
- Acting as the liaison between internal teams (e.g., customer service and technical support)
- Attending trade shows to promote Avidyne’s products and learn about industry developments
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations to explain and/or demonstrate Avidyne’s products
- Serving as the lead point of contact for all dealer account management matters
- Engaging with leads from Avidyne’s customer relationship management system (CRM) to develop a pipeline of customers.
- Advanced-level knowledge of general aviation and the ability to fly an aircraft (e.g., pilot’s license)
- Demonstrable knowledge of sales principles and techniques
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to build and develop positive relationships
- Ability to bring others together to find a mutually beneficial conclusion
- Ability to foster and promote a service-oriented culture
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt approach when facing new situations
- Ability to provide accurate information on a timely basis
- Ability to prioritize and handle tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to persuade others to adopt new behaviors or change their mind
- Ability to give full attention to others, understand points being made, and ask questions as appropriate
- Demonstrable skills with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel domestically up to 60% per year for dealer visits and trade shows.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree (or higher) in related field (e.g., aerospace, sales, business, marketing). Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
Other Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience with technical and/or aviation sales
- Familiarity with:
- Aviation maintenance
- Airport management
- Flight and ground schools
- Current Instrument rating or A&P license.