Avionics Technician for Part 91/135 Operation
You will be based in Chino, California working for a company that has been around for 45 years and is the recognized leader in their field.
You have many choices where you can work. Leading Edge is a company that recognizes the importance of their employees and their direct contribution to our success. If you want to be a part of a real team environment, be respected, and cherished for your skills and have fun, then Leading Edge is the last job you will ever have to look for.
Leading Edge Avionics specializes in avionics repair, overhaul, modification/system design and installations for a wide range of corporate and privately owned aircraft. Over the past 45 years Leading Edge has become known as the shop in Southern California that is the experts in their field, and this is clearly due to the caliber of Technicians they hire. You will be working on GPS/NAV/Comm, connectivity platforms as well as in-flight entertainment and cabin management systems. They are based in Santa, Ana, CA and operate at multiple locations throughout Southern California.
Our Perfect Candidate/team member:
We’re looking for a SUPER STAR that knows their value, is passionate about aviation, motivated, and enjoys geeking out on avionics to join our team. You’ll work in a team-driven environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides opportunities for career growth. An individual with a high acumen installing numerous avionics into a variety of airframes. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking and committed. At Leading Edge Avionics, our team members embrace these qualities and we pay and reward accordingly. Our team is fearless in pursuit to become the world’s best avionics service provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at our career opportunity.
The Avionics Technician will apply technical knowledge and experience with avionics systems to install, troubleshoot and maintain all wiring and systems on aircraft. Routes, terminates, troubleshoots, and repairs aircraft wiring and avionics systems using basic hand tools, specialized test equipment, and technical reference manuals to meet manufacturers specifications, FARs, and industry standards. Restores aircraft to safe, airworthy condition.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions
- Troubleshooting and repair of various avionics systems in a multitude of corporate and private aircraft
- Ensures all work accomplished meets applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications
- Checks all work and ensures a defective-free assembly prior to close out
- Perform basic soldering, harness build up and installation including wire stripping and crimping, fault isolation and repair of avionics systems malfunctions
- Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements
- Customer interactions to determine their needs
- Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner
- Maintains equipment, tools, and facilities in serviceable and working condition
- Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor/manager when circumstances may prevent on-time delivery
- Assures proper information is shared re job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders
- Under limited direction, perform the removal/installation of avionics components, fabrication of wire harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of avionics systems
- Reassemble aircraft interior, instrument panels, and avionics equipment bays following the successful installation of wiring avionics systems and component
Position Requirements = Not all required but a plus
- Minimum three (3) years of general aviation aircraft experience.
- Pitot static testing experience
- Cabin entertainment and Wifi systems installation experience a plus
- Installation experience with the following manufacturers/products preferred: Garmin, Gogo, Honeywell, Avidyne, Aspen, Bendix King, PS Engineering, L3 Communications, JPI, Genesys (S-Tec), and Electronics International
- Working knowledge of aircraft electrical and avionics systems
- Ability to work off drawings and perform installs
- Tech savvy with experience installing harnesses and programming
- Must be able to conduct and interpret functional tests of avionics/electrical systems in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, manufacturers installation manuals and engineering drawings
- Must have experience in troubleshooting avionics systems
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and be able to pass airport screening
Benefits = #1 Working for a great company and team!
- Ability to grow and move up in the company
- Full Medical and Dental
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation/Holidays = company events
- Company paid classes and enrichment training as requested
- Working for a company that appreciates you and being excited to get up every day!'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $104,000.00 per year