Aircraft Avionics Technician II
Aircraft Avionics Technician
Sparkchasers Aircraft Services is recruiting for an experienced avionics technician. If you are a motivated, can-do person that gets the job done right the first time, safely, and efficiently, then we want to talk to you. Our repair station in a growing family of aviation businesses has an immediate need for a technician experienced with the following responsibilities.
General Aviation aircraft (Class I and II) installations, replacements, modifications, and service including
- Inspection and certification of pitot-static, transponder, and ADS-B (in and out) systems
- Installation and service of Garmin GFC 500 & 600 and STech 30 and 3100 autopilots
- Garmin Avionics installation such as G3x Touch displays, GTN 650 and 750 navigators, GI 275 instruments, G5 flight instruments, GTX transponders, audio panels, traffic systems, Flightstream, radios, etc.
- Performs repairs, maintenance, preventive maintenance, modifications, and software and database updates on these systems
- Performs inspections, operational checks, and troubleshooting on aircraft electrical systems and their communication and navigation systems.
- Read, comprehend, and perform tasks according to company policies, maintenance manuals, and regulations applicable to our repair station
- Maintain your work area in a clean, organized, and safe manner
- 3 years experience in GA avionics tasks listed in responsibilities especially in Beechcraft, Mooney, Cessna, and Piper airframes
- Avionics Repairmen qualified
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- High school Diploma (or GED)
- Effective troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Good computer applications skills
- Eligible to work in US without sponsorship
- Ability to work in confined spaces and lift up to 50 pounds if required
- A&P, IA, certificate and/or Avionics Inspector qualified
- Aspen, Avidyne, and King systems experience
- Secondary Education such as Associate degree, College degree, other relevant degrees, or military training and quals
- Corridor software experience
- Ability/experience to instruct, train, or supervise an intern
- Instrument panel making including CAD and CNC machine experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00, with occasional overtime
Starting Salary: $25 - $40/hour depending on qualifications and experience
To apply go to www.flysparkchasers.com/careers and fill out the application making sure to include a resume that documents the qualifications above.
You may also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number to receive my call back.