Wire Harness Technician - Craftsman/Master Level
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Forge now has an immediate need for a Craftsman (Level II) or Master (Level III) Avionics Wire Harness Technician. The Wire Harness Tech, under minimal supervision, fabricates wire harnesses and terminations, completes functional testing of such harnesses, and is responsible for the orderly operation of the Wire Room. The Wire Harness Tech performs an integral role within the company’s overall Avionics Installation Team process. This role reports to the President.
This Craftsman/Master-level Wire Harness Tech will be experienced enough to work alone in a productive, self-driven way. When all wire harness fabrication work is up to date, this technician also can assist in installing the wire harnesses within the aircraft.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Demonstrate mastery of soldering and timely fabrication of aircraft wiring harnesses on time and with exemplary quality.
- Communicate with co-workers in a timely, effective way, as part of the overall Avionics Installation Process.
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with procedures described in the company’s FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution – all in order to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion for aviation, learning, innovation and achievement.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work primarily in a self-directed way with minimal oversight required.
- Ability to perform the most highly complex avionics wire harness fabrication and labeling.
- Ability to PLAN and execute the steps required to complete aircraft wire harness fabrication.
- Superlative to exemplary troubleshooting skills.
- Superlative to exemplary ability to achieve aesthetically-pleasing and functional solutions.
- Willingness to work alongside others in a team - as part of a team – and lead company’s wire harness process.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, work ethic, good judgment and dependability.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and presence; Customer service orientation, attitude and demeanor.
- Computer usage expertise, including MSFT Office & EBis line of business software (training provided for EBis).
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass drug test, as required by FAA, and pass criminal/background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Experience: Minimum of two years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion shop or equivalent.
- Preferred Experience: At least five years of successful avionics installation, repair or maintenance experience – preferably as a lead - with deep knowledge of Garmin, Genesys Aerosystems, Avidyne, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Aspen Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands.
- Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: College / university degree or two years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
- Preferred Credential: Certification as IPC-J-STD-001 Specialist
- Preferred Credential: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Certificate by National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
- Preferred Credential: FAA Mechanic / Repairman’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.
At Forge Flightworks, each associate is a valued resource. Forge offers a stable yet exciting environment that has fostered a surprisingly long tenure for its team members. Contributing to this inviting workplace is a compelling overall compensation package that includes:
- Competitive wages with bonus potential.
- 401(k) retirement program with company match.
- Group health insurance.
- Company-provided group life, short-term disability, long-term disability coverage.
- Paid Time Out for unsurpassed work/life balance.
- Compelling set of ancillary benefits subsidized by company including: dental, vision, pet insurance and more.
- Reimbursement program for on-the-job tools.
- Discounts on Forge Flightworks products and services for personal use.
Forge Flightworks is located in greater Nashville, TN, known the world over as “Music City” – a vibrant and growing area offering an incredible quality of life. The Smyrna/Rutherford County Airport is the most active general aviation airport in Tennessee and fourth most active airport overall in the state. Forge is located at 624-B Fitzhugh Blvd, Smyrna, TN.
Forge Flightworks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity.