The government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here's a summary of what the Canadian government is doing to support businesses:
- Extending the Work-Sharing Program
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
Access to credit
- Establishing a Business Credit Availability Program
Supporting financial stability
- Launching an Insured Mortgage Purchase Program
- Bank of Canada actions
- Lowering the Domestic Stability Buffer
- More time to pay income taxes
- Deferral of sales tax remittance and customs duty payments
Support for the air transportation sector
- Waiving ground lease rents
The AEA team is actively researching and identifying resources to support the membership, their business and their employees. More information can be found on the AEA COVID-19 resource page available to all members.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Ric Peri, vice president of government & industry affairs for AEA, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-589-1144.