This course is designed to provide maintenance personnel with the knowledge and skills required to operate the IFR 6000 to verify and maintain Transponder, UAT, TCAS, and DME systems.
Presented by: Dave Horan
Provide students with understanding and working knowledge of IFR 6000 operation with review of the following:
- Controls and Indicators
- Unit Connectors
- Setup Menus screens
- ATCRBS screens
- Mode S screens
- ADS-B screens
- TCAS/TIS screens
- UAT screens
- DME screens
In depth training will be provided for testing of ADS-B transponder systems with airborne equipment. Instruction will include testing of all AC 20-165B parameters in addition to avoiding high priority avionics behaviour issues of ADS-B installations identified by the FAA. Course will also discuss troubleshooting strategies to repeat or confirm issues and identify solutions.
The student will be familiar and knowledgeable of ADS-B system test and troubleshooting methods using the IFR6000 and associated ground support equipment to perform complete AC 20-165B performance testing of installed systems.
- Understanding of avionic systems / transponder operation.
- Recommended, AEA offered course: “ADS-B Broadcast Surveillance: All the Ins and Outs”
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to demonstrate understanding and proficiency in the following:
- IFR6000 test capability and operation for all systems supported
- Testing and troubleshooting of ADS-B / UAT installed systems
- AC 20-165B Performance Verification