This course is designed to provide maintenance personnel with the knowledge and skills required to operate the IFR6000 to verify and maintain Transponder, UAT, TCAS, and DME system and to operate the IFR4000 for for ILS, VOR, COMMs and ELT.
Presented by: Dave Horan, Product Applications Engineer, VIAVI Solutions
IFR6000 - Provide students with understanding and working knowledge of IFR6000 operation with review of the following:
- Controls and Indicators
- Unit Connectors
- Setup Menus screens
- ATCRBS screens
- Mode S screens
- ADS-B screens
- TCAS/TIS screens
- UAT screens
- DME screens
In depth training will be provided for testing of ADS-B transponder systems with airborne equipment. Instruction will include testing of all AC 20-165B parameters in addition to avoiding high priority avionics behaviour issues of ADS-B installations identified by the FAA. Course will also discuss troubleshooting strategies to repeat or confirm issues and identify solutions.
The student will be familiar and knowledgeable of ADS-B system test and troubleshooting methods using the IFR6000 and associated ground support equipment to perform complete AC 20-165B performance testing of installed systems.
IFR4000 - Familiarization, setup and testing using the IFR4000 for ILS, VOR, COMMs and ELT. Using the IFR4000 for troubleshooting feed lines and antennas
- Understanding of avionic systems / transponder operation.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to demonstrate understanding and proficiency in the following:
- IFR6000 test capability and operation for all systems supported
- Testing and troubleshooting of ADS-B / UAT installed systems
- AC 20-165B Performance Verification
- IFR4000 setup and provide test signals for testing ILS, VOR, COMMS and ELT installations
- Troubleshoot & repair feeder coaxial cables and antennas using the SWR feature of IFR4000