This updated version of the “ADS-B: All the Ins and Outs” course is designed for currently employed repair station personnel and installers of ADS-B systems. Approximately 7% of all general aviation ADS-B installations are non-compliant based on the FAA’s ADS-B Performance Monitoring System. This course focuses on the proper configuration and testing of ADS-B installations to ensure your installation meets the performance requirements and regulations. Also included are troubleshooting tips and tricks that will help you resolve the common problems found in ADS-B installations.
Presented by: William Tramper
To provide the student with theory of operation, installation configuration, testing procedures, and troubleshooting procedures related to ADS-B systems.
- Describe ADS-B theory of operation and mandate requirements.
- Explore the FAA’s NextGen/ADS-B online tools.
- Demonstrate how to properly configure an ADS-B system.
- Demonstrate how to properly test an ADS-B installation using industry-standard test equipment.
- Demonstrate how to verify an ADS-B installation meets the FAA’s performance requirements.
- Describe basic troubleshooting procedures used to resolve common issues with ADS-B installations.