This course is designed for technicians who have completed the AEA’s Bench Basics 101 course and/or have a couple of years of basic avionics installation practice and are looking for experience in LRU bench testing and avionics flight line testing. NAV/ILS will be the focus of study.
Presented by: Don Dominguez of Radioman Avionics
Navigation/Communication Equipment Service
- VHF comm theory and operation.
- VHF nav VOR/LOC/GS theory and operation.
- Marker receiver theory and operation.
- Comm installation architecture.
- Comm, antenna and transmission lead troubleshooting.
- Nav installation architecture.
- Nav, antenna, co-ax, splitters and combiners troubleshooting.
- Nav and comm bench-testing standards.
- Nav and comm equipment return to service.