Special Note: Representatives from VIAVI Solutions with the AVX-10K and Tel-Instruments Electronics Corp. with the SDR-OMNI will be in attendance on day 2 to demonstrate operations and answer questions.
The Basic Pitot-Static & Transponder course is designed for entry-level avionics technicians or those looking for basic training on pitot-static & aircraft transponder systems. This two-day course covers the history and theory of operation of pitot-static instruments and transponders, as well as system set-up, hands-on testing, and the troubleshooting skills necessary to perform FAR 91.411 and 91.413 checks.
Presented by: William Tramper, Azimuth Aerospace Solutions, LLC
Course Objective: This course is designed to provide the student with basic knowledge on the theory of operation of pitot/static instruments and aircraft transponder systems along with the knowledge and skills to properly test those systems in accordance with FAR 91.411 and 91.413.
- Students will learn the history and development of pitot-static & transponder systems.
- Students will gain an understanding of pitot-static and transponder system theory of operation.
- Students will learn the theory and operation of common equipment used to test pitot-static instruments and transponder systems.
- Students will learn how to properly connect a pitot-static test set to an aircraft.
- Students will learn basic troubleshooting of pitot-static and transponder system.
- Students will learn the regulatory requirements for testing pitot-static systems in accordance with FAR 91.411.
- Students will learn the regulatory requirements for testing aircraft transponder systems in accordance with FAR 91.413.
- Students will learn the basic theory and fundamental operation of ADS-B transponders.
- Students will learn ADS-B performance monitoring and testing.