This course is designed for technicians who have completed the AEA’s Bench Basics 101 course and/or have a couple of years of basic avionics installation practice and are looking for experience in LRU bench testing and avionics flight line testing. ADS-B transponder systems, nav/ILS and VHF comms will be the focus of study.
Presented by: Don Dominguez of Radioman Avionics
Transponder Equipment Service
- Fabricate a transponder bench test harness.
- Transponder theory and operation.
- Common transponder installation architecture.
- Transponder, antenna and transmission lead troubleshooting.
- Mode C encoder troubleshooting.
- Hands-on bench testing and alignment of transponder.
- Transponder return to service.