REFERENCE: Part I of the comment response document to NPA 2008-07 Part I recently was published and is open for feedback and comments. The document can be found here.
SUMMARY: The document is the proposal for the amendment of EC 1702/2003–Part 21 to amend the approval process for organizations responsible for the design and production of European light aircraft.
It further proposes new or amended certification standards for such aircraft, including:
- CS-LSAs: up to 600/650 kg*
- A new CS-23 Light: covering light aeroplanes up to 1200kg*
- CS-VLA: the document proposes the extension of this existing standard to 890 kg and three seats.*
- CS-22: to include sailplanes and powered sailplanes up to 900 kg *
- The proposal would require the amendment of the basic regulation, EC216/2008, to harmonize with other authorities (FAA and Transport Canada)
(* Will be issued with Part II of the CRD.)
Comments to CRD 2008-07 Part I should be received by the agency no later than Sept. 15, 2010.
AEA COMMENTARY: The involvement of stakeholders at this stage of the rulemaking is an important opportunity for AEA members to ensure their voices are heard. AEA members are encouraged to provide suggestions to the agency via the EASA comment response tool. E-mail a copy of your comments to Ric Peri at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the comment closing date.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Ric Peri, vice president of government & industry affairs for AEA, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 202-589-1144.